Tuesday, March 26, 2013



Nora: (Nora gathering her things and walking to the door)  I must leave now, I was never in love with you Torvald. I was in love with the thought of you.
Helmer: (Walking towards her) You don't say. Maybe cause you were always in love with Dr. Rank. That's why you're leaving. Isn't it Nora?
Nora: In love with Dr. Rank? From where do you get such a thing.
Helmer: Do you really think I'm that stupid Nora? I saw the way he was looking at you while you were dancing the Tarantella. Now tell me Nora, is this why you're leaving me? Is it to be with Dr. Rank?
Nora: Yes Torvald. I've always been in love with him. He makes me feel like a woman, something you never made me feel. He's nothing like you and that's why I must go.
Helmer: You two disgust me. You'll come running back Nora. Who will take care of you when Dr. Rank passes?
Nora: (laughing) Oh Toravlad! How naive of you. This is all a lie. Dr. Rank has been getting treatment if you must know, he will be living a long happy life with me. Am I such a feather brain now? (To the nanny) Let's go we must not waste anymore time here.
Helmer: What is this? You are not taking the children with you. You can not, I forbid you.
Nora: Haven't you already noticed, I stopped taking orders from you a long time ago. Now goodbye. (Leaving)

1 comment:

  1. I love your alternate ending! I think if it would have been the best ending if she actually did end up being with Dr. Rank . He would've truly respected her and made her happy. (:

    ReplyDelete